About Me

My photo
city/suburbs dweller venting out her frustrations of commuting on public transit. commuting over an hour each way since high school. so much time to think. so much time to cringe.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

sleeping on the train

I always fall asleep on the train, especially when I need to commute super early for class or work. Sometimes it's the kind of sleep where you doze but you're fully aware of what's happening around you, like the baby screaming, the crazy guy singing, the shuffling of feet, the sucking of the teeth, the "excuse mes," and the "stand clear of the closing doors please." Other times, you actually become immersed in a deeper sleep, completely shutting out the world around you and spend some quality time with your unconscious. Today I experienced the latter. I cannot begin to tell you what I dreamed about, at this point I have no recollection since I always have to wake myself up so abruptly. But today, my fiance rode the train with me and gave me a little nudge when we were getting close to our stop. That nudge immediately wipes out any memory of the dream that I was so absorbed in just a second ago. When I was younger, I was able to actually stay awake for the full duration of the ride, if I wanted to, most of the time I chose to sleep. I mean how else should I spend the time? But now that I'm older I find it extremely challenging to even keep my eyes open. Even after a night full of eight hours of sleep, I still find myself dozing off as if it's my morning coffee and it's the only way that I can allow myself to function properly for the day ahead.
It probably has to be the most uncomfortable sleeping experience ever. Despite it's deliciousness. My neck was seriously cramped when I awoke and I was hoping that I didn't screw myself for the rest of the day with neck pain resulting from sleeping in an awkward position.

No comments:

Post a Comment